Spiritual Growth Benefits, Tips and Suggestions
Spiritual growth is an important inner process, not only for people who live in far away and secluded places, and who seek spiritual awakening. Spiritual growth is of paramount importance for a better, happier and more harmonious life, free of tension and strain, fear and anxiety.
Spiritual growth is the process of getting rid of wrong concepts, thoughts and beliefs about who we are and about the world in which we live. Through this process we increase our awareness of our true inner being, the true spirit that we are. It is a process of looking inside us, shedding our illusions and uncovering our true essence, which is always present, but hidden beyond the ego-personality.
Why should we be interested in spiritual growth? What are the signs that we are growing spiritually? What are the benefits? Here are a few signs and benefits:
– We develop detachment, which leads to inner peace.
– We learn not to let outside circumstance affect our moods and states of mind.
– We become more patient and tolerant.
– We learn to rise above frustration, disappointment and negative feelings.
– Inner power and strength increase.
– This process leads to increased feeling of happiness.
– Our intuition gets sharper.
– We become better citizens of the world.
– Our understanding of our inner essence, what we are, and why we are here grows.
How can one grow spiritually? The term spiritual growth is not really correct. The spirit is perfect and does not need to grow. It is a term that describes a process of becoming more aware of what and who we are, growing to look at our life and circumstances from a different, more detached point of view, and of putting things into the proper perspective. It is a process of shedding negative and limiting habits, thoughts and beliefs, and letting the inner self within us shine out.
Imagine a radiant bulb of light, hidden beneath layers of various materials. To let the light of the bulb shine out and illuminate the surroundings, you do not have to strengthen the light or change the bulb. All you have to do is to take away the layers that are covering it. As you remove layer after layer the light shines more radiantly and strongly.
How do you remove the layers that are covering the light of your inner self? You do so through positive thinking, reading spiritual literature, reading spiritual quotes, and by practicing concentration, meditation and other inner training techniques. If you browse this website, you will find a lot of information, advice and instructions for spiritual growth.
Here are a few suggestions to start you on the road of spiritual growth:
– Acknowledge the fact that you are a spirit with a physical body, not a physical body with a spirit. If you can accept this idea, it will change your attitude toward many things in your life.
– Look inside you, and try to find out what it is that makes you feel alive.
– Make an effort to think positively. If you find yourself thinking negatively, immediately direct your mind to thinking on something positive. Open the door for the positive and close it for the negative.
– Always try to look at the bright side of life. Your inner self is stronger than your circumstances. Don’t let circumstances and situations dictate to you how to feel or think.
– Endeavor to focus your attention on everything you do, instead of letting your attention go wherever it desires.
-Start learning and practicing meditation.
-Do your best to be tolerant, patient, tactful and considerate.
– Thank the Universe for everything that you get.