Calcium-rich foods: In the Previous article, we mentioned that dietary ingredients that have more calcium than milk, and can be used as a substitute for milk. Follow us in this article to introduce other foods that are rich in calcium.
- Dried figs are rich in antioxidants and fiber and are highest in calcium as compared to other dried fruits.
- 28 g of figs provide 5% of the daily calcium.
- Dried figs also considered as a strong source of potassium and vitamin K .
- Whey is an excellent source of protein, amino acids and carbohydrates from calcium.
- 28 ml of whey will provide 20% daily requirement of calcium.
- High source of protein and 8 amino acids are essential to the body.
- One cup of Tofu provides 86% daily requirement to calcium.
- There is also plenty of iron and minerals like manganese, zinc and vitamin B1.
11- Dark-greens vegetables
- Dark-greens vegetables are a wonderful source of folic acid and extremely high in calcium.
- Broccoli, cabbage, and spinach are excellent sources of calcium. A cup of vegetables provides 30% daily requirement for calcium.
- Therefore, use of these vegetables to provide dietary calcium daily.
- The amaranth protein is similar to other grains , but when it comes to calcium, this plant is 4 times the other grains contain calcium.
- Amaranth leaves also contain calcium. In fact, the leaves contain more calcium than spinach!
13-Soy milk and almond milk
A glass of soy milk or almond milk supplies 30% of the daily need for calcium.
- A variety of grains. If you are worried about getting inappropriate calcium.
- Add these beans rich in calcium to your diet.
- A cup of beans contains 80 mg of calcium which provides 8% daily requirement.
15- Green peas
- Each green Pea Cup contains 45 mg of calcium.
- It is A very rich source of vitamin A, vitamin C and vitamin K as well.
Collected by: Dr. Afsaneh Amin Ghafouri