Herbal Treatments of Migraine: Many people with headaches use chemotherapy drugs while they also have natural remedies that treat migraine without side effects.
All-natural headache relief remedies can work well alongside headache medications to reduce pain symptoms quickly and prevent them from coming back.
This article introduces five natural treatments of migraine
1- Magnesium-Rich Foods
- Eating a nutrient-rich diet is one of the best ways to prevent and alleviate headaches.
- Individuals who have frequent headaches often have low magnesium levels
- Doctors recommend taking 200-600 milligrams of magnesium per day to prevent headaches.
- It can be taken in capsule form with supplements or through healthy foods like:
- Whole grains,
2- Vitamin B-12 Foods and Supplements
- Another nutrient that aids in natural headache relief is vitamin B-12.
- Many people do not get enough of this vitamin in their diets.
- So it may be necessary to supplement with vitamin B-12 capsules.
- Healthy foods that contain this vitamin include :
- Sesame seeds.
3- Lavender, Basil, and Peppermint Oils
- Essential oils are used in many natural remedies, and lavender oil is a great one for natural headache relief.
- This oil can be applied topically to the temples, or add a couple drops into boiling water and inhale the vapors without actually ingesting any of the oil.
- Another idea is to draw a footbath and add lavender oil to the hot water to ease pressure on the blood vessels.
- Other useful oils for headache relief are basil oil and peppermint oil.
4- Chiropractic Care and Adjustments
- Chiropractic adjustments are also sometimes recommended for headache sufferers as part of a headache treatment strategy.
- This type of natural care can reduce oxidative stress, which prevents free radical damage in the body.
- Clinical trials have shown that basic spinal manipulation techniques
- Can treat headaches and reduce their recurrence because they help reduce overall stress in the body.
5- Feverfew and Butterbur Herbs
- A third suggestion about how to relieve a headache naturally is to try using herbs like feverfew and butterbur.
- In research studies, participants have reported less migraine pain after taking feverfew, for example.
- Feverfew may also help reduce other migraine symptoms, such as nausea and sensitivity to noise and light.
- Another herb called butterbur is known to headache sufferers for its anti-inflammatory effect because inflammation often triggers headaches.
- It is possible to find these herbs in fresh or dried form, or to purchase them as capsules or a liquid extract.
Reference : vanquishheadacherelief
Collected by : Dr. Afsaneh Amin Ghafouri