Top 10 Health and Medicinal benefits of Ajwain
It is one of the important herbs for Indian kitchen to make the Indian cuisine tasty. All the parts of this herb have very strong smell; hence it is called Ugragandha in Sanskrit. Ajwain has many health and medicinal values. It is well known seed for Instant Remedy for Stomachache. The seed, oil, flowers and extract are used as medicine for various diseases. It is also one of the potent medicines to kill worms. It is extremely beneficial for Earache, tooth ache, Influenza, Heart problems, Arthritis, Nasal blockage. The person feeling excessive sexual desire, may take it cool down himself. Now we mention some medicinal benefits of ajwain.
Instant Remedy for Stomachache
It has alcoholic qualities in a very mild form; therefore, it may be used as instant stomach pain. Ajwain +small quantity of salt, when sip with warm water is quite beneficial for indigestion and stomach pain. The person suffering from indigestion and anorexia, 1 tsp of Ajwain seed may be taken along with food.
Ajwain for cold
For chronic and recurrent cold, it is recommended to take fried seeds of ajwain in the dose of 2 grams for 15-20 days. Inhaling of its grind seed is also beneficial in case of headache, migraine and cold &cough. Chewing Ajwain seeds with lukewarm water is also a good cure for Cough.
Ajwain for Asthma
Inhalation of the smoke of Ajwain acts as bronchodialator and makes the breathing pattern easier. The person suffering from Asthma may take the paste of Ajwain + Jaggery, 1 tsp, twice a day. This mixture is helpful in asthma treatment.
Ajwain for Diabetes Mellitus
1 tsp of Ajwain seeds + 4 tsp of Bael leave juice if taken 2 to 3 times a day, are effective in polyuria commonly seen in case of Diabetes.
How to get rid of Alcohol Addiction
To get rid of Alcohol addiction, decoction of ajwain may be taken in the dose of 30 ml at night for 50 days. Persons, who use alcohol excessively, may experience acute stomach pain. For such patients 1 tsp of ajwain seeds may be consumed along with warm water twice a day.
Ajwain in Cholera
It has the ability to minimize the impact of threadworms and intestinal bacterial infection. Hence, it is good to give cholera patients.
Ajwain to dissolve Kidney Stone
When the mix of Ajwain seeds +honey + vinegar is used for 10 days, it helps to dissolve kidney stone that ultimately remove with urine.
Ajwain for Weight Loss
Ajwain has appetite stimulating properties and on account of laxative components, it fastens the bowel movement and thus helps in weight loss. Regular taking of ajwain also helps to regulate obesity.
Ajwain reduces Gas and Flatulence
Ajwain is one of the best herbal wonder drug for gas, flatulence and indigestion. Distilled water of it is good for the above said problems and also enhances appetite.
Ajwain for Acidity and Hyperacidity
Ajwain seeds have anti-hyperacidity properties. A patient of acidity or hyperacidity may consume ajwain along with lukewarm water + salt either in the morning or after meal. When taken for 10-15 days, it shows good result.
Ajwain Seeds Benefits (Carom Seeds)
The top 15 health benefits of Carom seeds are:
- Ajwain seeds increase gastro-intestinal secretions which enhances the efficiency of digestive functions.
- Ajwain is effective to stomach pain. Having the problems of flatulence, indigestion and gas release, take 1 tsp of ajwain along with water for one week
- Thymol, the essential oil extracted from Carom seeds are used as anti-bacterial and anti-fungal.
- Ajwain which contains the highest percentage of Thymol is used as antiseptic and in the treatment of cough and asthma.
- Carom Seeds are effective for respiratory problems such as common cold, cough, bronchitis and nasal congestion.
- If somebody takes excessive beverages, especially alcohol, eating ajwain twice a day reduces craving for alcohol.
- Ajwain oil is good for leg massage. Practising such massage helps to cure rheumatic arthritis.
- Gargling ajwain water is helpful in curing of tooth pain. Ajwain fumes are also used in case of toothache.
- Ajwain seeds are good in removing of kidney stone. It is suggested to take ajwain seeds along with honey or vinegar for 15-20 days.
- Take roasted ajwain seeds; and boil it in a glass of water. Drink the strained mixture. It is beneficial in curing of acidity and indigestion.
- Due to the presence of Thymol, ajwain is used as in curing of colic, muscle spasms, cramps and edema.
- The paste made up of crushed ajwain seeds are used in treating of pimples, acne, blemishes and blackheads.
- Ajwain extraction is used in treating of flatulence.
- Ajwain seeds are effective appetizer and also used as laxative.
- It is beneficial in case of vomiting, mouth diseases and pile