Dry skin around eyes: The skin around eyes is very sensitive, and as a result it is more prone to becoming dried out and flaky.
Healing dry skin around eye is not necessarily a challenging task. With the right information you can be well on your way to better-looking healthier skin
The skin around eyes is thin and delicate, so it is less able to maintain moisture and is exposed to drying.
What causes Dry skin around eyes
With the information in this article, you can properly keep the skin around your eyes healthier.
1- Healthy face-washing
Wash with fresh, warm (not too hot)
- Hot water opens the pores and the cold water closes them.
- The use of warm water causes the skin to lose its natural oil and excessive dryness.
One of the reasons for early aging and the appearance of wrinkles is a rough dry skin
- Dab your skin dry very gently with a towel when you are done washing.
- This is very important as drying too vigorously may trigger more dryness. A gentle touch may help.
2- Environmental conditions
Certain environmental factors may be contributing to Dry skin around eyes
Some potential factors may include:
- Harsh weather such as wind, humidity, or heat.
- Exposure to dust or dusty environments
- Stresses to the skin around the eyes, such as excessive rubbing
- Exposure to chlorine from swimming pools
- Driving long distances
3- Drinking lots of water
- It is recommended to drink at least 8 cups of water a day, and more with exercise or hot weather.
3- Consult a doctor
- If the dryness is accompanied by redness or swelling, you should see a doctor.
- They can diagnose any underlying conditions that may be causing the dryness.
4- Choosing Cosmetics and Moisturizing Creams
Choose the best cosmetics for dry and sensitive skin
- When selecting eyeshadow, the powder form is better than the cream form.
- This is because it is easier to remove, and overall less irritating to the skin around your eyes.
Minimize your use of eye make-up (particularly around your eyes)
- Mascara and eye-liner can cause undue stress (pulling and stretching) of the skin around the eyes
Use moisturizing creams around your eyes
Any moisturizing cream that is hypoallergenic and that seems to work for you .
5- Changing Your Diet
- Probiotic can help improve the health of your skin overall.
- You can consume probiotics by eating things like:
- yogurt, sauerkraut, or other fermented foods.
Increase your consumption of anti-oxidants
- Foods that are rich in antioxidants, such as:
- Fruits and vegetables,contribute to the repair process of your skin cells.
- This in turn increases the health of the skin around your eyes and decreases dryness.
Use supplements to improve the health of your skin.
- In particular, you can try fish oil, omega 3 fatty acids, and Vitamin E
- All of which can make a noticeable difference in reducing dryness around your eyes.
Collected by :
Dr. Afsaneh Amin Ghafouri