RF: In the past, facial lifting was only treated by facial cosmetic surgery.
It is clear in surgical methods patients suffer from severe pain and also it has a long recovery period.
Radio-frequency skin tightening is an aesthetic technique that uses radio frequency (RF) energy to heat tissue and stimulate subdermal collagen production in order to reduce the appearance of fine lines and loose skin.
The process provides an alternative to facelift and other cosmetic surgeries.
By manipulating skin cooling during treatment, RF can also be used for heating and reduction of fat.
Currently, the most common uses of RF-based devices are to noninvasively manage and treat skin tightening of lax skin (including sagging jowls, abdomen, thighs, and arms), as well as wrinkle reduction, cellulite improvement, and body contouring.
- Skin treatment with RF is an easy, painless and non-surgical procedure that reduces delicate lines of skin, loss of skin and, in general, increased elasticity and skin texture.
- One of the most important benefits of RF is to stimulate the production of collagen and elastin, as well as to improve blood flow.
- These important things naturally cause skin rejuvenation within a few months.
- Along with effectively lifting and tightening tissues without surgery or downtime, one of the greatest benefits of RF treatments, when performed correctly, is that post-procedure recovery is very quick and easy.
- Side effects are typically minimal and short-lived, limited to mild and temporary swelling, redness, and tingling, depending on the treatment.
- RF treatments can also be performed safely in tandem with injectable, microneedling, or other minimally-invasive treatments.
- Aging treatment
- Body lifting and rejuvenation
- Skin tightening of the face and neck
- Wrinkles decreasing
- Scar treatment
- Stretch marks treatment
- Body contouring
- cellulite treatment
Reference: American board cosmetic surgery
Collected by: Dr. Sara Bakhshaei